NEWS AND EVENTS - Wednesday, December 12, 2018
FAST QUESTIONS AND FAST ANSWERS ABOUT THE GEOGRAPHY OF ORTHODOXY IN AMERICA
“Fast Questions and Fast Answers about the Geography of Orthodoxy in America” is the second essay in a group of mini-reports about Orthodox Church life in America. Surprising, stimulating, and, at the same time, important facts about the geographic distribution of Orthodox parishes and church members in America are discussed in this essay.
Here are some examples of the questions that are addressed in this report:
- Is there is anything unique about the geographic distribution of Orthodoxy in America as compared to other Christian groups?
- How evenly are the parishes and members of the Orthodox Christian Churches distributed throughout the United States? Are there any “geographic pockets” where especially many Orthodox Church members live?
- How easy (or difficult) is it to find an Orthodox parish which is geographically close to the place where I live?
- Are the Orthodox Church jurisdictions currently expanding their geographic presence throughout the USA? That is, are they establishing parishes in new places and becoming geographically more widespread?
- Are American Orthodox jurisdictions growing in members?
The report is accompanied by twelve geographic maps in color. Read this story and if you have any follow-up questions, please feel free send your inquiries to Alexei Krindatch: firstname.lastname@example.org
And get ready for the upcoming mini-reports, such as “Fast Questions and Fast Answers:
- …about the Ecumenical Attitudes of American Orthodox Parishes and Church Members”
- …about Church Attendance in American Orthodox Christian Parishes”
- …about Young Adult Parishioners”
- …about Orthodox Students in American Colleges and Universities”
Many more will follow.